Alexandr Salenko was born in 1968. In 1992 he graduated from Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, Hons, with a specialization in the specialty «Metal-cutting machine tools and instrument». After graduation he started working as an assistant at the Kremenchuk branch of Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute (Kremenchuk), and entered the postgraduate course of Department of metal-cutting machine tools and equipment of the flexible productive systems at Kyiv Polytechnic Institute., where he defended his thesis to obtain the scientific degree of Candidate of sciences, engineering, in December, 1994 (diploma KH no. 007 064 of 19.12.94).
He took the position of Associated Professor of Department of technology of mechanical engineering and pressure metal treatment in 1996, and in 1997, entered the doctoral course at National Technical University of Ukraine «Kyiv Polytechnic Institute», where obtained the degree of Doctor of Sciences, Engineering, in 2002.
Started 2003, has been a Professor holding a position of the Head of Department of machines and machine systems at Kremenchuk State Polytechnic University. A. Salenko is an expert of VAK of Ukraine in «Mechanical engineering and materials processing», is a deputy chairman of the Council on Physical and Technical Problems of Materials Science, and a member of the Educational methodical commission of the Ministry of Education and Science in Mechanical Engineering. He is also a member of the specialized scientific council D26.00.12 at KPI for thesis defense in four specialties: 05.02.08 – Engineering technology; 05.03.01 – Machining processes, machines and tools; 05.02.09 – DYNAMICS and strength of machines; 05.03.07 – Drive systems. Since 2010 he has been a member of the Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian higher education.
A. Salenko is actively engaged in reviewing books, textbooks and monographs both by Ukrainian and foreign authors, is an editorial member of scientific editions in Kharkiv and Kiev, and peer-reviewer of the international scientific edition «Laser Magazin». He was acknowledged for the Excellence in Education of Ukraine (in 2011), awarded with diplomas of Ministry of Education of Ukraine (in 2010) , the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine (2008), honoured for «The scientific achievements» by the Academy of Sciences of Ukrainian higher education (in 2011) and is a laureate of Tugai-Zhovnir (in 2012). He has authored over 200 scientific works including two monographs, numeral textbooks and training aids.
². Monographs, textbooks and manuals
• Salenko O.F., Strutyns'kyj V.B., Zagirnjak M.V. (2006). Efektyvne gidrorizannja [Effective hidrorizannya]. Kyiv, VIPOL [in Ukrainian].
• Fedorec' V.O., Fedorec' O.O., Salenko O.F., Strutyns'kyj V.B. and others (2009). Gidravlika, gidro- ta pnevmopryvod [Hydraulic, hydro- and pneumodrive], Tutorial, Kyiv: Znannya [in Ukrainian].
• Salenko O.F., Shchetynin V.T. and others (2013). Proces i obladnannja strumynno-lazernoi' obrobky [Process equipment and jet-laser treatment]. Kharkiv: Tochka [in Ukrainian].
²². Publications in domestic journals
• O.F. Salenko, O.V. Fomovs'ka, V.O. Dudjuk (2010). “Analysis of the phenomena of emergence destructive layer on the edges of shell products from non-metallic composites with hydraulic cutting”, Transactions of NTUU “KPI”, Mekhanika, Kyiv, no. 58, pp. 120–132.
• O.F. Salenko, V.V. Dragobec'kyj, O.V. Fomovs'ka, V.O. Dudjuk, O.M. Mana (2010). “Formation destructive layer in the processing of non-metallic composite construction and its effect on the mechanical properties of products”, Transactions of Kremenchuk Mykhailo Ostrohradskyi National University, no. 1/2010 (60), pp. 50–68.
• Salenko A.F., Mana A.N., Dudjuk V.A. (2009). On the effects of jet-beam impact on solid surfaces and laser-term use of inkjet technology. Transactions of Kremenchuk Mykhailo Ostrohradskyi State University, no. 6(59), part 2, pp. 112–118.
• Docenko V.G., Bjelkin O.M., Mana O.M., Vedmid' V.Ju. (2008). Assessment of the extent of degradation of the composite goods exposed machined, Transactions of Kremenchuk Mykhailo Ostrohradskyi State Polytechnic University, no. 6 (53), part 1.
• Salenko O.F., Dudjuk V.A. (2009). Analysis of the distribution of the radiation power of optical quantum generator (JAG) in the flow of small diameter, Transactions of NTUU “KPI”, Mekhanika, Kyiv, no. 56, pp. 56–62.
• Salenko A.F., Docenko V.G., Mana A.N., Fomovskaja E.V. (2008). On the mechanics of jet destruction of sheet products from non-metallic composites, Sbornik nauchnyh trudov mezhdunarodnoj konferencyy „Tehnologyja y tehnyka avtomatyzacyy”, Erevan, pp. 248–256.
• Fomovs'ka O.V. (2009). Visualizing morphogenesis in waterjet based on power models destruction, Transactions of Kremenchuk Mykhailo Ostrohradskyi State Politechnic University, no. 2, part 1, pp. 27–31.
• Salenko A.F., Fomovs'ka O.V. (2008). Quality materials processing waterjet, Oborudovanye i instrument, Kharkiv, no. 6, pp. 12–18.
• Salenko O.F., Fomovs'ka O.V. (2008). Market Outlook equipment for sheet processing Transactions of Kremenchuk State Politechnic University, no. 6(48), pp. 45–50.
• Fomovs'ka O.V., Salenko O.F., Vidmich S.S. (2008). Tophographic surface for 3-D models using scanning electron microscope, Transactions of Kremenchuk State Politechnic University, no. 5, part 2, pp. 65–69.
• Salenko A.F., Fomovs'ka A.V., Smyrnova A.L. (2008). Developments in the field of laser-cutting microjet, Oborudovanye i instrument, Kharkiv, no. 2, pp. 46–49.
²²². Contributions submitted in scientometric databases and journals with impact factor
• Salenko A. The energetic approach for analysis of form-building at hidro-abrasive engraving / Salenko A., Fomovskaya O. / Journal of the Technical University of Gabrovo. – 2008. – Vol.36. – Pp. 23–33.
• Salenko A. Some aspects of composite materials hydro jetting from the point of the Linear Mechanic Destruction / Salenko A., Fomovskaya O. / Journal of the Technical University of Gabrovo. – 2009. – Vol. 37. – Pð. 56–69.
IV. Patents and certificates of authorship
• Salenko, O.F., Zagirnjak, M.V., Golovko, L.F., Ljashenko, V.P., and others (2010), A device for jet-beam processing: a patent application ¹ 29560, Â24Â41/04 submitted 18.05.2010.
• Salenko, O.F., Ljashenko, B.A., and others (2004), Method jet beam cutting of non-metallic composite materials: a patent for an invention ¹ 67159, Â24Â41/04: bull. no. 6.
• Salenko, O.F., Ljashenko, B.A. (2003), Method for jet cutting of non-metallic materials and device for its implementation, Patent no. 62103, Â24Â41/04: bull. no. 12 of 15.12.2003.