The British Council program for heads of international departments
British Council Ukraine with the support of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine organized a two-module program “International Offices Workshop: Best Practices”
The program aims at fostering professional development and capacity building of international offices in Ukrainian universities. The working language of the program is English. The program contained two 2-day Modules delivered in four locations of Ukraine – Kyiv, Kharkiv, Odesa and Lviv.
Universities sent the application form and after careful selection could participate in workshops.
Representative of Kremenchug Mykhailo Ostrogradskyi National University – director of the Center for International Activity, PhD, assoc. prof. of the Department of Electrical Consumption and Energy Management Gladyr A. I. was invited to participate in the program.
Module 1 took place 27-28 September 2016 and included following questions:
• Introduction to International Office role: responsibilities, activities, structure, staffing, integration and collaboration with other units;
• Developing and implementing of international strategy for International Office;
• Positioning the university – communications and marketing strategies, branding, networking organizations and mechanisms;
• Developing university websites and effective use of social media.
Module 2 was held 7-8 February 2017. Seminar`s problematic issues:
• Optimization of international student support: admission, exchange, integration on campus and in the country;
• Developing international partnerships and research collaborations;
• Taking advantage and managing funding opportunities: national, international (Erasmus+, Horizon 2020), corporate, philanthropic.
Participants of the program "International Offices Workshop: Best Practices"
This workshop was delivered by senior managers of international offices of highly ranked UK universities who shared own experience in that field: James Kennedy, Director Global Engagement, Gillian Olivieri, Assistant Director Global Engagement, the University of Warwick, and Stephanie Sandford, Regional Manager – Europe, Russia and Central Asia, Coventry University.