Matej Bel University, Slovak Republic
in cooperation with
Kremenchuk National University, Ukraine,
Opole University, Poland
National University of Life and the Environment, Ukraine
Third Vyshegrad Round-Table Discussion on
Current issues in Climate Change
"Sustainability of second generation biofuels crops` production"
34 faculty members and students from 5 countries participated at the Round table and represented the following universities:
- Matej Bel University, Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
- Kremenchuk National University, Kremenchuk, Ukraine
- National University of Life and the Environment,Kyiv, Ukraine
- National University „Kyiv –Mohyla Academy“,Kyiv, Ukraine
- Opole University, Opole, Poland
- South-Russian State Technical University, Novocherkassk, Russia
- Vitebsk State Academy of Veterinary Medicine, Vytebsk, Belorussia.
The following topics were discussed at the event:
• environmental benefits and risks of biofuel crops production
• perspective of research on phytoremediation with using the second generational biofuels
• economic aspects of biofuels production and using
• factors which determine the sustainability and suitability of bioenergy solutions
The students` competitive workshop "Research on Green Energy and Role of young generation" was held within the Round-Table. Event gathered together students and Ph.D. students from above mentioned universities.
The following questions were discussed by students:
• applied aspects of biofuels use
• priorities for next steps in the research and outreach of the biofuels production and using
• economy and ecology of phytoremediation with using the second generation biofuels crops
• biofuels crops – what is the future?
The students` workshop was partly supported by the Small Alumni Grant from the US Embassy in Ukraine.
It is planned that materials presented at the "3rd Vyshegrad Round-table Discussion" after per-reviewing the materials will be published at the Scientific Journal
"Transactions of Kremenchuk Mykhailo Ostrohradskyi National University".