In the conditions of democratization, integration of Ukraine into the European community, transition to a market economy, reform of the educational sector in the context of the Bologna process, a new concept of youth education is being formed.
The core of the entire education system in Ukraine is the national idea, which plays the role of a unifying consolidating factor in social development, aimed at developing a person's life position, becoming a person as a citizen of his country. The national character of education consists in the formation of a young person as a citizen of Ukraine, regardless of his ethnicity.
At the same time, in the context of globalization, Ukraine's entry into the European space, the process of education should ensure the involvement of young people in world culture and universal values and norms, tolerance of other points of view, understanding of differences between people in culture, life and customs, peoples and between ethnic, religious and other groups.
The purpose of education is to form a harmoniously developed person, highly educated, socially active and nationally conscious, endowed with deep civic responsibility, high spiritual qualities, family and patriotic feelings, who is the bearer of the best achievements of national and world culture, capable of self-development and self-improvement.
Formation of the national intelligentsia, assistance in the enrichment and renewal of the intellectual gene pool of the nation, education of the spiritual elite is a task facing the scientific and pedagogical team on a par with the training of highly qualified specialists. Scientific-theoretical and methodological principles of national education are embodied in the Concept of education of children and youth in the national education system, approved by the Ministry of Education and Science in 1996, the National Doctrine of Education in Ukraine in the XXI century, the Concept of national-patriotic education (2009).
Educational work at Kremenchug National University named after Mykhailo Ostrogradsky (KrNU) is carried out on the basis of democracy, using the educational potential of student self-government and is aimed at ensuring harmonious holistic development of a person capable of self-education, self-development, independent thinking, social choice and community work-process with parents and community organizations. The effectiveness of national education is ensured by compliance with the following fundamental principles of education:
- the principle of national orientation of education, which provides for the formation of youth national consciousness, love for Ukraine, its people, respect for its culture, ability to preserve their national identity, be proud of belonging to the Ukrainian people, participate in building and defending their state;
- the principle of cultural conformity, which provides for education as a cultural process aimed at forming the basic culture of the individual on the acquired moral and ethical experience of mankind;
- the principle of humanization of the educational process focuses on the individual as the highest value;
- the principle of subject-subject interaction presupposes that the participants of the educational process act as equal partners in the process of communication, take into account each other's point of view, recognize the right to its difference from their own, coordinate their positions;
- the principle of integrity means that education is organized as a systematic pedagogical process aimed at the harmonious and diverse development of the individual, the formation of a holistic picture of the world, provides continuity of directions and stages of educational work;
- Acmeological principle requires the orientation of the educational process on higher moral and spiritual achievements and potential opportunities of the individual, the creation of conditions for achieving success in life, the development of individual abilities;
- the principle of personal orientation means that the general laws of psychological development are manifested in each person in a unique and unique way;
- the principle of vital creative activity involves the formation of the individual as the creator of his life, who is able to make personal decisions and take responsibility for them, live fully and act actively, constantly self-improvement, adequately and flexibly respond to social change;
- the principle of tolerance presupposes the integration of Ukrainian culture into the European and world space, the formation of openness in pupils.
MAIN TASKS OF THE EDUCATIONAL PROCESS
The objectives of education at the university are:
• training of nationally conscious intelligentsia, preservation of the nation's intellectual gene pool, increase of cultural potential, which will ensure high efficiency of future specialists;
• education of future specialists as authoritative, highly educated, bearers of high general political, legal, intellectual, socio-psychological, aesthetic, physical and valeological culture;
• creating conditions for the free development of the individual, his thinking and general culture, involvement in various types of creative activities (research, cultural and educational, social and humanistic, physical culture and health, sports, law enforcement);
• formation of civic, social activity and responsibility, involvement of young people in the process of state formation, development of social relations;
• awareness of the relationship between individual freedom and human rights and civic duty;
• cultivating the best features of the Ukrainian mentality: diligence, desire for freedom, harmony with nature, respect for women, love for the native land, raising the prestige of the Ukrainian language and the academic environment and development of Ukrainian-language educational space: enrichment of aesthetic experience, participation in cultural traditions of the city, region, expansion of creative ties with cultural institutions, development of artistic abilities;
• creating conditions for self-realization of the individual in accordance with his abilities, social and personal interests;
• promoting a healthy lifestyle, eradicating bad habits and preventing crime;
• creating the necessary conditions for the effective development of student government, identifying potential leaders and organizers;
• formation of respect for one's alma mater, observance and development of democratic and academic traditions of higher education. The purpose of the educational process in KrNU is comprehensively realized both in the educational process and outside it, in dormitories - by organizing the work of clubs and clubs of interest, cultural and mass, sports work with the involvement of student government.
Responsibility for the organization and effectiveness of educational work rests with the rector, vice-rector for research and teaching, who is responsible for educational work with students, deans of faculties, heads of departments, group curators, head of the department of cultural work, director of the campus. The specific responsibilities of the organizers of the educational process are enshrined in job descriptions.
ORGANIZATION OF THE EDUCATIONAL PROCESS
Directions and forms of education
National-patriotic education presupposes the development of historical memory, education of patriotic feelings, conscious love for the Motherland, civic sense of duty and responsibility for the fate of the Fatherland and readiness to work for its benefit, protect it, strengthen international prestige. National-patriotic education is carried out in educational and extracurricular time: through lectures, first of all on the history of Ukraine, the history of national culture; mastering the culture of language, acquaintance with the national traditions of the Ukrainian people, as well as the work of clubs, clubs, university museum, the activities of the student press (newspapers and radio); by organizing trips to memorable places, meetings with veterans of labor and hostilities, with veterans of the Armed Forces of Ukraine; involvement of students in the work of public youth organizations, student unions, etc.
Intellectual and spiritual education:
- development of cognitive interest, creative activity, thinking;
- education of the need to independently acquire knowledge and readiness to apply knowledge, skills in practice;
- realization of personal life choice and building a professional career based on abilities and knowledge, skills and abilities;
- education of the ability to form and defend one's own position.
Moral education - the development of high moral qualities and beliefs that are manifested in moral norms of behavior in all spheres of life and provide an active life position of a young person. Moral education is carried out through all lecture courses, including the ethical and general humanitarian cycle and the activities of all services, departments, work of curators, teachers, as well as the formation of an atmosphere of demanding, principled, honest, responsible and mutual assistance. In addition, moral education permeates the entire system of extracurricular activities: holding Open Days; solemn dedication to freshmen; celebration of significant dates of the university, faculties, departments; involvement of students in professional work with future entrants; curatorial hours; conducting talks, lectures on anti-alcohol and anti-drug issues; organization of evenings, concerts; activity of student self-government bodies; involvement of students in humanistic actions; coverage of moral issues in newspapers and magazines.
Modern reality, characterized by a crisis of spirituality, social insecurity of youth, the spread of such negative phenomena as alcoholism, drug addiction, requires increased educational work among students, the search for new forms.
Political education is aimed at forming a political culture in student youth, which includes the development of ideas about the mechanisms of the political process, ways to achieve political goals, acquaintance with the political activities of the state, its political experience and the experience of other countries. Political education is carried out in the process of training in the socio-humanitarian cycle, as well as through the entire system of extracurricular activities: the work of scientific circles, political clubs, conferences, which discuss current issues; through lectures, conversations, meetings with politicians, deputies of different levels. However, it should be remembered that the aim is not to form a certain political orientation in students, it is only a matter of political culture.
Legal education is aimed at educating the legal culture of student youth and respect for human and civil rights and freedoms, the expansion of legal knowledge and skills, the application in practice of state laws. It is carried out through lecture courses, first of all, legal disciplines, and also through extracurricular activities: work of circles, seminars of student's scientific society, carrying out of legal competitions, tournaments, olympiads, conferences, etc.
Labor education involves the formation of a creatively active, hard-working person who has professional skills, developed business qualities, a sense of responsibility, respect for property, readiness to live in market relations, entrepreneurship and competition. Labor education is connected with educational activity, with participation in work of scientific circles, conferences, clubs, with studying of additional training courses, with participation in professional competitions, in work of business clubs, student labor exchanges, olympiads. It can be realized by organizing meetings with graduates, specialists from enterprises and institutions who have achieved success due to hard work and knowledge, holding labor actions for landscaping, cleaning the area and more.
Ecological education is aimed at the formation of ecological culture of the individual, which regulates the relationship between man and nature and orients man to the preservation and restoration of nature as a habitat for all living things. Ecological education is carried out through lecture courses on ecological orientation and through the allocation of ecological component in most disciplines, as well as through the work of student scientific society, ecological circles, organization of excursions to local history museums, enterprises, tourist trips, Earth Week, environmental actions and events.
Aesthetic education involves the development of aesthetic feelings, tastes, views, the formation of an aesthetic attitude to reality, the creative activity of student youth. It is carried out through lecture courses that contain aesthetic knowledge, as well as in the process of clubs and studios, student participation in amateur art, visits to theaters, exhibitions, museums, meetings in literary and musical, theatrical living rooms, meetings with literary and artistic figures, organization of KVN championships, intellectual games, organization of the annual festival of student creativity "Student Spring", etc., as well as - aesthetic design of premises, ensuring cleanliness, order.
Physical education - the establishment of a healthy lifestyle as an integral part of the general culture of the individual, counteracting the factors that negatively affect the health of members of the university staff, developing skills of independent use of methods and forms of physical culture in work and leisure. Physical education is implemented in physical education classes, through the activities of physical culture teams at faculties, sports club KSPU, the work of special medical groups and groups of therapeutic physical education, sports sections, clubs, sports competitions, sports, tournaments, meetings, hiking, youth events against smoking, alcoholism, drug addiction, etc.
The educational process in KrNU is organized through individual, group, mass forms.
PLANNING OF EDUCATIONAL WORK
The organization of the educational process is based on the Program of the President of Ukraine "Ten steps towards people", the National Doctrine of Education of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education" in accordance with state standards of education, orders and recommendations of the Ministry of Education and Science.
KrNU builds its educational work for the future on the basis of a comprehensive plan of educational work for five years and plans for the year. Faculties, the department of cultural and mass work, departments, dormitories plan their educational work for the semester.
The student group curator also develops a work plan for the semester, taking into account the individual interests and abilities of students.
Work plans of student self-government bodies, interest clubs are also developed for the semester on the basis of the Perspective plan of educational work in accordance with the statutory tasks of their activities.
Educational function of the learning process
The educational potential of the learning process is provided by the content, forms, learning technologies and the nature of communication between its participants.
The individualization of the educational process requires the formation of new pedagogical technologies of interaction "teacher-student", the growing role of the teacher as a carrier of knowledge and culture, the establishment of a humanistic style of relationship between teacher and student.
At the meetings of the departments the mini-concepts of educational work are approved, priorities are determined (for one department it is legal education, for the second - ecological, for the third - professional, labor), the search of the most acceptable forms and methods of its organization is conducted. They can be different: competitions, discussions, Olympiads, student scientific societies, conferences, conversations, meetings with interesting people, visits to museums, exhibitions, etc.
A special role belongs to the departments of the humanities, each lesson of which has a significant educational potential. They are assigned the role of methodological center of educational work. The renewal of the content of general education, social and humanitarian disciplines should be subordinated to the goal of forming students' national consciousness, patriotism, legal and economic literacy, social activity, general culture of personality, based on the heritage of Ukrainian world culture.
The main link in the system of educational process is the teacher-mentor of the academic group - the curator. The work of curators is regulated by the "Regulations on the curator of the academic group". Deans appoint as curators the most authoritative, professional and nationally conscious teachers, whose worldview, knowledge, culture of behavior could be an example. Curatorial hours are planned in the class schedule for effective work with the group.
The main tasks of the student group curator are:
• providing assistance to students in forming the student body of the academic group, conducting individual and group organizational-educational and cultural-educational work;
• establishing contacts with students 'parents, clarifying students' problems, providing assistance in solving them;
• implementation of pedagogical control over the educational process and its results, assistance in planning and organization of independent work, observance by students of moral norms of behavior, "Rules of internal order of the university".
In the organization of educational work, the curator of the student group implements the tasks defined in the "Concept of educational work at Kremenchug State Polytechnic University", "Comprehensive plan of educational work", "Regulations on the curator of the academic group" and the plan of educational work in the group.
Organization of the educational process outside of school time
Educational work carried out at the university outside the classroom, provides an update of theoretical knowledge, directs them to the practical plane, draws young people's attention to the most acute social problems of today, forms their social maturity. For this purpose it is necessary to involve young people in labor, political, patriotic, charitable actions, to organize excursions to the enterprises, tourist trips to historical places, visits to museums, exhibitions, theatrical performances, etc. The organization of meaningful leisure in KSPU is provided by: the department of cultural and mass work with students, public student cultural center, which includes members of student councils responsible for cultural and mass work, leaders of youth clubs, interested talented young people. The university has created a certain material base, purchased the necessary musical equipment for evenings of rest, discos and the development of amateur art. Various interest clubs have been formed and operate, such as a photo studio, an amateur song club, KVN, a student theater, dance studios, an intellectual games club, etc. The traditions of holding thematic evenings of rest, vocal competitions, KVN, the festival of student amateur art "Student Spring" have been formed. The main task is to diversify clubs by interests, create conditions for the development of creative abilities of young people, increase the level of cultural events.
Physical education is an integral part of the general culture of the individual. It is carried out both during school hours and outside classroom time. This work is regulated by the schedule of classes, the schedule of work of sports sections, plans of sports and improving actions. It is necessary to constantly improve the forms of physical activity of students, work towards the creation of additional sports sections, diversification of sports and recreation activities on weekends.
The main goal is pedagogical guidance of students' life, organization of self-service and observance of internal rules, creation of a favorable moral and psychological climate, conditions for comfortable living. In the process of organizing educational and cultural-mass work among students of dormitories, its main directions are realized, taking into account the specifics of the sphere of life. Deputy deans of faculties together with the director of the campus, educators and heads of dormitories take care of the organization of educational work in dormitories with active involvement of student councils of dormitories.
The main events - the organization of competitions for the best dormitory and the best room in the dormitory, the rotation of teachers, lectures and talks, evenings of rest. Under the new conditions, the individual work of teachers and curators in dormitories should improve. It is necessary to create conditions for independent work of students in dormitories. It is necessary to significantly increase the role of student councils in resolving settlement issues, maintaining order, and ensuring that students comply with internal regulations. Measures to organize meaningful leisure at the place of residence, organization of sports and health and wellness activities should be more diverse.
Democratization of education, introduction of European values and educational standards is impossible without the active involvement of students in the management of the educational process through the development of student self-government.
According to Art.38 of the Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education" the main tasks of student government are:
- ensuring and protecting the rights and interests of students, in particular those related to the organization of the educational process;
- ensuring that students perform their duties;
- promotion of educational, scientific and creative activities of students;
- promoting the creation of appropriate conditions for housing and recreation of students;
- promoting the activities of student groups, societies, associations, clubs of interest;
- organization of cooperation with students of other higher educational institutions and youth organizations;
- promotion of employment of graduates;
- participation in solving issues of international student exchange.
The main task is to ensure that student self-government councils of all levels act first of all as initiators and organizers of all student life and educational work, because they know better the needs, moods and tastes of young people. Today, the university has established student councils at all faculties and dormitories. Their activities are regulated by the "Regulations on Student Self-Government in the Kyiv State Pedagogical University".
The traditions of student life are laid down. At the initiative of the student council, the trade union committee, meetings of the rector, vice-rectors, deans with students are held, at which the university management answers all questions that are relevant. Representatives of student councils are members of academic councils of the university and faculties.
The competitions "Best Student Group", "Student of the Year" have been launched. The council of young scientists is actively working. The tradition of holding the Days of Faculties has been formed. There is a student group for the protection of public order. It is necessary to improve these forms of work and continue to search for new ones.
EDUCATIONAL PROCESS MANAGEMENT
The university has a system for managing the educational process.
It is based on the personnel infrastructure, which includes the following subjects of educational work: teaching staff, administration, council for educational work, vice-rector for scientific and pedagogical work and humanitarian education, deputy deans for educational work, persons responsible for educational work. work at the departments, head of the department of cultural and mass work with students, director of the campus, heads of dormitories. This allows you to purposefully plan, implement and control the organization of educational work at the faculties, in each student group, in dormitories. In addition, the educational process is carried out by: the library, the newspaper "Polytechnic", youth clubs, creative associations, student councils, student unions and trade unions, sports teams, sports clubs, sports sections, amateur art clubs and more. Management of the educational process is carried out by:
• issuance of relevant orders of the rector;
• work planning, the main coordinating document is the Concept of educational work, Comprehensive plan of educational work for five years;
• methodological support of the educational process, providing methodological recommendations and conducting methodological seminars and conferences;
• training of organizers of the educational process, organization of the "school of curators"
• control over the implementation of orders of the Ministry of Education and Science, Youth and Sports, orders of the rector, plans of educational work of departments, faculties, university, individual plans of teachers through periodic inspections of educational work, hearing reports at meetings of departments, academic councils of universities and faculties;
• holding meetings of deans and deputy deans, meetings of the council on educational work, meetings of creative associations and clubs;
• sociological surveys of students;
• coverage of tasks, results and problems of education on the pages of the newspaper "Polytechnic", issues of student radio.
Assessment of the state of educational work and its effectiveness is based on complex indicators, both quantitative and qualitative. These are indicators of academic success, academic discipline, relations in academic groups, analysis of students' compliance with internal regulations, legal behavior, number of offenses, implementation of educational work plans, quality of activities, number of students in creative associations, clubs, sports festivals, festivals etc., participation of young people in various civic, patriotic actions, results of sociological researches which reflect moral, political, social, cultural orientations of students. Based on this, the organizers of the educational process draw conclusions about the need for corrective intervention in the educational process, strengthening work in certain areas.