Sector of Distant Education
The organization of educational process using distance learning technologies is based on the use of electronic teaching and methodological discipline courses (ETMDC) - Information products that are sufficient for the successful organization of training on specific subjects.
Teaching process using psycho-pedagogical and ICT provides:
- Independent student mastery of academic disciplines using ETMDC;
- self-testing of knowledge carried out by a student;
- Individual distant consultation of all students by teachers on all types of subjects provided by a curriculum ;
- Current distant control, carried out by teachers;
- Final control, which requires personal coming of student to the University and drawing tests, exams, or other forms of control (including the use of testing technologies).
The duration of the training process using distance learning technologies is the same as the duration of the training process on part-time education for the corresponding degree.
A mandatory requirement to the person who wishes to study using distance learning technologies are the availability of personal computer, basic skills of working with it, access to the Internet.
The use of distance learning technologies involves the interaction of teachers and students in synchronous and asynchronous modes; independent work of student with provided materials; current and final control of knowledge in the form of test and individual tasks stipulated by a curriculum of the particular discipline.
At the start of the school year, each student, who is learning using distance learning technologies, receives the package of training materials, including:
- personal student curriculum;
- a schedule of the educational process for the current year;
- contact phone numbers, E-mail of responsible persons and staff;
- General information, explanations, instructions and advices for an independent work with the package;
- ETMDC for each subject provided by the curriculum;
- Instructions for fulfillment of work programs: practical and seminars, laboratory work, tests, course projects, term papers, graphics tasks, etc.
- Evaluation criteria;
- Reference materials.
Auditorium lectures, practical workshops during the distance learning are replaced by the following organizational forms:
- Independent work with ETMDC for studing with thematic lectures, practical seminars, workshops with further self-control of received knowledge ;
- Consultations by email, through instant messaging programs etc.
- E-mail reports to the teacher about the current stages of learning, including reports on the accomplishment of the relevant individual tasks.
Laboratory works at distance learning are generally replaced by practical works carried out using computer simulation. Laboratory work reports should be sent to the department via e-mail.
Semester final control of students is carried out by application of test control tasks, which provides the fastest and effective verification of academic discipline knowledge.
For disciplines that involve semester final control in the form of test or differentiated credit, the decision on the certification of a student teacher can make on the basis of availability of the full amount of current works and individual tasks that completed qualitatively and successfully.
State certification of students (state exams and defense of final qualification work (diploma)) is conducted on a general basis by the State Examination Commission at the terms stipulated by the curriculum and schedule of the educational process in accordance with the Regulation on the organization of educational process in higher educational institutions. Final qualifying works should be presented only in the traditional (paper) form.
Distant learning student receives an appropriate education level and state certificate of education by the decision of the State Examination Commission on the condition of executing all the requirements of the curriculum, defense the final qualifying work or passed state exams.
For any questions, please, contact:
Petrenko Svitlana Vasylivna - the expert of I category
Address: 39614, Kremenchuk, vul. Pershotravneva, 21, room 7123
Tel.: (0536) 74-04-67.